Thursday, February 27, 2014

You want me to eat what?


There is a first time for everything; for me eating Polish food was a first. I have always been a relatively bland eater, sticking to my heritages traditional dishes, spaghetti and meatballs or meat and potatoes. Place something different on a plate in front of me and chances are my stomach will go to sleep growling. So when James and his family suggested trying the new polish restaurant in town I was less than confident I would be full at the end of the meal.
To my surprise, to was delicious! I had a sample dish with cheese and potato porgies (notice I snuck in potatoes), kilbasa, and golabki. This is a big deal for me, which is why this picture was taken! Maybe next year ill eat fish…..baby steps.





Vocabulary
Relatively (adverb)- in relation, comparison, to something else
Bland (adjective)- not interesting
Heritage (noun)- something that comes from family background
Traditional (adjective)- long-established
Confident (adjective)- having strong belief
Delicious (adjective)-highly pleasing to the senses, especially to taste

Vocabulary Activity 
1. Relatively                                                 A. In relation, comparison, to something else
2. Bland                                                       B. Having strong belief
3. Heritage                                                   C. Something that comes from family background
4. Traditional                                              D. long-established
5. Confident                                                E. Not interesting
6. Delicious                                                 F. Highly pleasing to the senses, especially to taste

 Grammar Point
Adjectives are words that tell you something about a noun. For examples I said the polish food was delicious. The adjective, delicious told you how the polish food tasted. Write three sentences and highlight the adjective you used in each.


3 comments:

  1. I am a rather plain eater as well. I am glad you enjoyed your meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you jumped out of your comfort zone and tried something new. I love it when something surprises you. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Polish and Russian food. Your plate has dishes that are similar in both cultures.

    ReplyDelete