Thursday, February 27, 2014

What would you do if I sang out of tune?


This was the first February break I had off in seven years and although I had classes on Tuesday and Thursday night, I packed my days and remaining nights with friends and family. As the end of break approached, James and I took the opportunity to visit his parents who still live in James childhood home upstate, NY.  On Thursday night after class, we hopped in the car and started to drive. Since we got a bit of a later start the usual, we were in no rush to make to back for family dinner.  This was the first time, we could remember, not having a plan for when we arrived so we decided to take our time and enjoy the ride together. Quickly this became my favorite ride “home”. About 2 hours into our drive we saw a sign for small town karaoke; we were in a giddy mood and feeling spontaneous so pulled off and stopped at this small town pub.  We ordered dinner and shortly after we found ourselves onstage singing… out of tune of course! This is a picture a local took for us. What a fun night!


Vocabulary
Remaining (adjective)- still existing
Approached (verb)- to come near or nearer to
Opportunity (noun)- what makes it possible to do something
Karaoke (noun)- to sign along with music on stage
Giddy (verb)- feeling excited
Spontaneous (adjective)- acting on a sudden thought

 Vocabulary Activity





Across

2. what makes it possible to do something

5. acting on a sudden thought
6. feeling excited
Down
1. to come near or nearer to
3. to sign along with music on stage
4. still existing









Grammar Point
A pronouns is a word that replace the noun: he, she, we, everyone are all pronouns.
Read the lyrics to the song Disney song Reflection in the movie Mulan and circle at least five pronouns.

Look at me,
I will never pass for a per-fect bride, or a perfect
daughter.
Can it be, I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see, that if I were truly to be myself.
I would break my fam-'ly's heart. Who is that girl I see?
Staring straight
back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I; don't know?
Some how I cannot hide,
Who I am.
Though I've tried.
When will my reflection show?
Who I am?
Inside?
When will my reflection show, who I am, 
inside.?




1 comment:

  1. I find the most spontaneous events are the most fun! I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete